Saturday, September 8, 2007

Running face first into the "band wagon"... ouch!

Ok, ok, we have given in. We have decided to join the clan of siblings and creat our own blog. so here it is... enjoy.

Seeing as how we are "Candy's pets", for those of you who dont know Candy, she is our dog and here she is.
















In case your wondering, and i know you are... "Where is she in that first picture?"



Well, we went camping it Yellowsonte last weekend and both are taken there, however; this first picture at about 5 in the morining candy climbed onto our airbed and into my sleeping bag and wiggled her way to the end of it and fell asleep for another 3 hours, here is her at my feet. isn't she cute.
More funny sleeping stuff from Yellowstone, I served in Finland, COLD country, well yellowstone got to about 45 degrees at night and we only had this tent. (we own this now, thanks to gift cards from the wedding)

Now in Iowa I had slept outside in kinda cooler weather so I only had a sleeping bag and a PJ pants with a long sleeve t-shirt and I was fine. However, by beautiful wife, a Texan who has never before seen weather below +20 degrees Faranheight (sp?) wore thermal underwear, both a top and a bottom, tee shirt, a thermal sweater, sweetpants, wool socks, and a wool hat with thinsulate(a meteral in finland made for extreem colds weather gear), then I stuffed my big quilt into her sleeping bad and she slept in the blanket-in the bag with it sipped up to her chin... AND SHE STILL WAS COLD!!!! She looked way cute, I think Candy got in my sleeping bag because she could not fit in Katherine's







All in all it was a great weekend and we saw many great, beautiful things.


(here are some pics)


























5 comments:

Mrs. C. Yeates said...

Nice pictures. I especially like the one with the rainbow.

Anonymous said...

Love the blog. Great pictures. I might be just a bit jealous though. Wish I could go camping with you.

Eppie

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogger family. Great to see you had fun on your camping trip. Great pics. Don't feel bad David, Marissa gets cold in Texas and that was in August.

Nursemom said...

Okay, I have to defend myself. I did get cold in Texas, but that's because when cool air blows on me, if I'm not already 90 degrees or so, I get cold. I would have been totally fine in all those clothes and thinsulate stuff at Yellowstone...Thank you very much. Plus Kevin radiates about 1000 degrees himself so all I'd have to do is cuddle up to him and I have a personal furnace.

Anonymous said...

You write very well.