Thursday, October 4, 2007

Shop-a-holic

Well, I guess y'all can tell what this one is going to be about.
Background=
So, Katherine will go to the store and buy the place out everytime, it is rather funny.
Well a few weeks ago we had a full pantry and fridge, the only thing we were lacking was milk (for anyone who really knows me that is like saying we dont have any water.) While i was at school I asked Katherine to go pick up some milk from the store.... ALL we needed was milk!!! Well she gets home and shows me a receipt for $97.00 worth of stuff. Kinda half jestingly we decided she is not allowed to go to the store by herself anymore.
Now the funny part, today, she had work off and need to get some stuff for soup she has to make for tomorrow. so she was off to the store. Unfortunitly I had class, so i made a bet with her. She said she could control herself so I said "I bet you, that you cant spend under $70 when you go"... She was way eager to jump on that bet saying, "I am doing alot better I can do it, you're on!"

Well she gets home... the final tally was $70.95, she lost, however the funny part is she mostly only bought stuff we did need. The best part is that she went over $70 by buying 1 thing we didn't, need a cake mix she found on sale for $1.00. If she had not bought that she would have won, it was rather funny!!!

just thought we would share.

But on the other hand, I am definitly NOT compalining, Katherine is an AMAZING cook!!! She is way too good to me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A girl after my own heart. At least iI hope she remembered the milk. I never can remember that part, but still spend way too much.

Eppie

Mother Goose said...

I am the same way Katherine. Mike doesn't like going to the scrapbook stores, but he knows he has to if he doesn't want me to buy everything in the store.

Nursemom said...

I have the same problem although we are always so poor that I'm not quite so bad. And I alway remember the milk.

RotorHeadDad said...

I am not allowed in bookstores and office supply stores without supervision.